Two years ago this week I notified out Elders at Gunnersbury that we felt called by God to leave the church in London and to go and serve in Huddersfield through church planting.
A few highlights would be:-
· We managed to sell our flat and buy a house, moving on the 10th September, 2010.
· We straightaway made contact with people interested in working to bring a Gospel church to life. Meetings through September to November brought worship services in November.
· Work with the core attenders to clarify our convictions, including doctrines, priorities, and ways of working.
· A Membership formed, and Pastor and two other Elders confirmed.
· Two Apprentices on board.
· Two preaching-focused services on a Sunday, the evening one involving food together and study groups.
· Opportunities to serve and work with students.
· A Church Away Weekend last May, followed by what will be an annual Vision Day in November.
· Two professions of faith and three baptisms in July; membership now in the 30s.
· Attenders of different backgrounds, ages and stages, all local, worshipping and sharing life together.
· A Youth Group of our teens, all of whom are getting seriously into the Word.
· Outreach opportunities in the Town Centre.
· Work to relaunch a Christian bookshop as a centre for quality Gospel resources as well as evangelism and teaching/training.